Best Online Casinos
|Casino Name||Bonus||Bonus%||Play Now|
|Jackpot City Casino||$1600||100%||Visit Casino|
|Jackpot City||$1600||100%||Visit Casino|
|Gaming Club||$800||100%||Visit Casino|
|Casino Gaming Club||$800||100%||Visit Casino|
|AllSlots Casino||$1500||100%||Visit Casino|
|All Slots Casino||$1600||100%||Visit Casino|
|Casino Joker||$100||200%||Visit Casino|
|Spintropolis Casino||$1000||200%||Visit Casino|
|Casino Lucky Nugget||$1000||100%||Visit Casino|
Slot Bonuses and More at Online Canadian Casinos
For Canadians looking to play at the best online casinos, there's nothing worse than wasting time at a subpar casino. Let Red Casinos be your trail guide to help you avoid the bad casinos and get you playing at the best casinos.
Canadian Online Casino Game Selection
The bedrock of a website is its software. Most casinos are operated by a few select developers that are well established and constantly getting better. Some casinos will even have more than one developer, say one company that takes care of their slots and another one to manage their table games. Once you've become familiar with the top online Canadian casinos, you will start to see the same software developers again and again and will be able to make informed decisions on new websites based on the developer. Other sites develop their own software, but those can be hit and miss so only go to established ones.
- Microgaming - Microgaming is generally considered the top online casino software platform. They boast an impressive network of progressive jackpots if it's slots you like to play. Microgaming's repertoire is vast with more than 500 casino games.
- Playtech - Another top contender is Playtech, with over 600 unique games. They boast major licensing contracts with Marvel and Warner Bros, so if you enjoy superhero-themed games, you need to check them out.
- Betsoft - Betsoft is a smaller company, but they've carved out a niche for themselves in 3D slots. They also offer a variety of other games, including 3D horse racing.
- 888 - 888 Casino is one of those sites that develops their own software, with over 250 games available. As they are a software developer and an online casino, you will find their software on other sites as well.
Onshore vs. Offshore Casinos and Canadian Laws
The rules that govern online casinos in Canada are pretty straightforward. If you play at illegal websites, any deposits or winnings could be subject to seizure. So, what constitutes a legal casino versus an illegal one? First, see if your province has a government-operated site. Currently, four provinces - British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario, and Quebec - have government-run online betting houses. However, you can only access those sites if you reside in and are physically playing from the respective province.
The second option for playing at online casinos in Canada is playing at legal offshore casinos. Some offshore casinos that cater to foreigners include casinos based in Malta, Curacao, Isle of Man, and the Kahnawake First Nation. An interesting tidbit is that Kahnawake is physically onshore as it is in Quebec, but the servers are considered offshore as they fall under First Nations, not Canadian gambling laws.
Bonuses Available to Use on Slots and Other Games
- Free Spins - If you are a slots kind of player, look for new player deals that offer free spins. Depending on the offer you may have to place a minimum deposit, say $10, or if it's a no deposit deal all you'll need to do is sign up to receive 100 free spins, for example.
- Bonus Cash - Some casinos also offer existing customer bonuses, like weekly offers. These offers are usually time-sensitive and can include free cash to spend as you like.
- Free Play - Free play bonuses can be awarded to new players or existing players alike and will vary by the casino. At times free play is given for a specific game, like an hour of free slots, and other times the casino will give you one free round of whichever table game you'd like to play.
Banking Methods that Work Best for CAD
- Interac eTransfer - If you have a Canadian bank account, make use of Interac's user-friendly eTransfer option to make a deposit at participation websites.
- Direct Deposit - For withdrawing your winnings, find a casino that will deposit directly into your account. Because of some legal issues, this is not always available, but if it is you can bypass third-party payment processors.
- PayPal - Since you likely already have a PayPal account set up, finding a casino that interfaces with the world's most popular e-wallet will make your life easy. Regular processing fees apply when depositing into your bank account.
- Neteller - Quickly becoming a favourite among online casinos and players, Neteller is another e-money transfer service that is safe, reliable, and affordable.
Licensing and Regulations
Always take the time to read up on your casino of choice. For example, if there is a site that claims to be regulated in Alberta, but caters to players from other provinces, don't fall for it (see above under Onshore vs. Offshore). Make sure you only play at those sites that are locally licensed and regulated to offer their services to players from your home province. If there are any restrictions that you need to be aware of, they should be clearly stated on the Terms and Conditions page of the website.
Find an online casino that treats you well. Part of customer service is being easy to use and available if questions arise. Look for sites that have phone numbers listed or a chat feature where you can connect to a live agent. Every casino will offer generous welcome incentives, but find one that will also reward you for sticking around. Anniversary, seasonal, and weekly bonuses are a good indication of how well the casino will treat you. Also, look for a site that has reasonable playthrough requirements. If you receive a $250 bonus with a 50x wagering requirement, you will be playing forever to satisfy the requirements and will likely never see any of that money.
Don't ever settle for a casino - find the perfect place to play by comparing promotions, game offerings, customer relations, and ease of access. While many online Canadian casinos will be vying for your patronage, be wise, and follow the above tips to make your gaming experience enjoyable.